The Princesses' Escape
4 week project. For this project, we were required to create a game with maps and combat. I had purchased a bunch of sparkly dice and wanted to incorporate those as something players could collect and fight with. They ended up working as a way that shows the player leveled up; they had more dice and a different distribution of die values. Each princess is a different class: Warrior, Rogue, and Healer. There are also 4 dragon types, 2 of which are bosses.
I also used the Intensity Curve and MDA tools to practice achieving the right pacing and theme. I found them to be most helpful when doing drafts of the board layout and leveling system.
For details on the board design, see my level design page.